I love that, these days, Valentine's Day is more about LOVE than LoveRs! I love that you can celebrate with your kids, your girlfriends, your pets! I was in Walmart the other day and they had the cutest decorations that weren't boyfriend/girlfriend themed. Like a ceramic #SQUADGOALS display. Come on! That's awesome!
So, how can you celebrate with your BFF?
FRIENDS WHO LIVE ELSEWERE (for when you want to do more than just simply send a card):
- Send flowers, of course! According to the language of flowers, you can send yellow roses, ivy, irises, or even Lily of the Incas as a symbol of your friendship.
- Send an arrangement of edible art – whether it’s fruit arrangements designed to mimic flowers or a box of decadent dark chocolate dipped strawberries, it’s a unique and delicious way to send some love.
- Send your BFF a homemade “pajama-gram” with pj’s that capitalize on one of her favorite interests.
WHEN YOU WANT TO GO ALL OUT WITH YOUR BESTIE:
- No one ever said that a “Couples’ Massage” couldn’t be a “couple of BFFs,” did they? Enjoy the luxury of a spa visit with your BFF and you won’t care how bad your hair looks after the massage or the sauna.
- If massage isn’t for you, do a Mani/Pedi friendship bonding event.
- Create a serious “Thelma & Louise” adventure – whether you choose skydiving, private yoga lesson, hike, or a day/weekend trip to NYC, San Francisco, Vegas, Orlando or some other great destination for the day. Do something with a friend that you’ve both always wanted to do, but don’t have the courage to do on your own.
WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY BUT WANT TO CELEBRATE ANYWAY:
- Get a group of good friends together for an “Anti-Valentine’s Date” and head out for a group dinner date.
- If the group’s too big for a restaurant, order in pizza, Chinese, or make your specialty for the crew.
- Binge on Netflix and your favorite snacks
- Have a low budget makeover night