It gets hot here. HOT. And a fun way to get cool is to go swimming. I love to swim for exercise even. But I hate hearing the stories that happen to families who started having a fun day together at the lake. Here are some things you should think about next time you go to the pool:
- Make sure everyone going in the water knows how to swim.
- Actively supervise children at all times.
- Secure your pool with appropriate barriers.
- Keep toys away from the pool when no one is swimming.
- Keep everyone, especially children, away from pool drains, pipes and other openings.
- No diving in a pool that is not deep enough.
- Don’t allow running on the pool deck.
- Empty blowup pools after each use.
- Learn Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).