14.2 percent of the population in Bexar County is diagnosed with diabetes, compared to only 7.2 percent nationally. So the South Texas Renal Care Group, the Texas Kidney Foundation, and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce have joined forces to take a stand against the silent health crisis.
You can get your kidneys screened for FREE.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate
- No need to fast
- Drop by anytime during the scheduled hours. No need to make a reservation.
- Screenings are given on a first come, first served basis
What should you expect?
- All testing is TOTALLY FREE
- You will be tested for high blood pressure, kidney disease and diabetes.
- Testing should take approximately 30 minutes.
- You'll get all your test results on a sheet to take home. You should probably share the results with your doctor as well.
- A medical professional will be available to review and discuss our results one-on-one with you before you leave if you'd like.
- A dietitian and social worker can answer any questions you might have about changing your lifestyle.
- Educational materials on kidney disease will be available as well.
Make sure you see when and where you can get tested by CLICKING HERE