Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Have you picked out what you are going to do on that day? Wining and dining are all great, but when you are a parent, it can sometimes be tough to have enough money to go to a fancy restaurant and go see a blockbuster movie. But to celebrate your love, you really don't have to do all of that. There are plenty of other "date night" ideas that you and your loved one can do to celebrate Valentine's Day! Here are some of our favorites.
10. Game Night - Do you and your partner share a love for games? Make it a date night! Whether it be tabletop or video games, you can challenge your love to a couple of rounds of whatever game that you two decide on! Make dinner easy - grab a meal kit from your local grocery store and toss it together!
9. Head Outside - Why not plan a fun Valentine's Day hike for you and your partner? Just the both of you and the beauty of nature. You can even pack a picnic lunch and find a cute little quaint spot to eat together! If hiking isn't much your thing, you could both always just take a stroll around the neighborhood together, hand in hand.
8. Ask Each Other Questions - There are plenty of fun questions that you can find online that you two can ask each other to grow together as a couple. There are also a plethora of books out there that have all kinds of different questions that you can ask each other. It can be fun, you never know, you may just learn something new about your partner and strengthen your relationship with them!
7. Hit The Road - The only money that you will be spending will be a tad bit on gas. Why not try the "penny date?" The idea behind it is that it makes it entirely random as to where you go. When you come to a stop, you flip the penny, if it lands on heads, you turn right, and if it is tails, you turn left. Just make sure that you do have your GPS handy when it is time to come back home.
6. Make A Bonfire - Get some firewood, and create a bonfire in your backyard (provided that it is allowed in your area). Grab some marshmallows, graham crackers, and a chocolate bar, too! Make some tasty s'mores together, and then after you've eaten those, you can snuggle close to each other and just cuddle in the warmth of the fire, and each other.
5. Movie Night - Talk about it ahead of time and figure out a movie that you two have been wanting to see, or go with a classic that you both love, whether it be an action-packed movie or a rom-com that makes you laugh. Grab some movie-theater themed snacks like popcorn and boxed candy. Turn down the lights and grab a blanket that you both can snuggle under to watch the movie and enjoy your snacks!
4. Stargaze Together - When is the last time that you can really say that you took a moment and looked up at the stars twinkling above you? This is an activity that you and your love can do together! All you need is a blanket or some chairs and a place of darkness. You can cuddle each other while you try to find your favorite constellations, or just point out bright stars!
3. Cook Dinner Together - Choose a dinner that you both like, and grab the ingredients for it. Don't forget a nice bottle of wine to go with it, too! Have fun taking turns whipping up a delicious dinner for you both. Maybe you can both bake up a nice Valentine's Day-themed dessert, too! Red velvet cupcakes would make a great after-dinner snack!
2. At-Home Spa Night - You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on getting spa treatments at a fancy spa! You can do it at home! Grab some face masks at the store, pick up some massage oil, and have at it! You can make it as simple or as fancy as you want it to be! Plus, it is fun to get everything put together for it! Your partner will thank you for that shoulder massage.
1. Visit The Library - Are you two both bookworms? Find your local library or a bookstore and browse around together! What do you both like to read? Mystery, fiction, non-fiction? A way to have fun is to pick a book out for each other that fits in with what their taste is!