- This year marks 20 years since the 9/11 attacks
- There are documentaries streaming this week reflecting on the tragedy
- We have the details
- Source:Entertainment Weekly
The Full Story:
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. There are plenty of documentaries hitting streaming services this week looking back at the day that changed America.
Some of them reflect on how and why the attacks took place, while others show us the day from the lens of first responders, government officials, and those who lost loved ones.
Here’s what you can stream:
- “9/11: One Day In America” (Hulu) –Five-part series featuring interviews with survivors and first responders.
- “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” (Apple TV+) –Jeff Danielsnarrates this doc about the 12 hours after the attack on the World Trade Center, featuring never-before-heard testimony from PresidentGeorge W Bush,Vice PresidentDick Cheney,and more.
- “Turning Points: 9/11 and the War on Terror” (Netflix) –Five-part docuseries diving into the who and why of 9/11, featuring interviews with US officials, military vets, retired CIA staff, survivors, Afghan government officials, warlords, civilians, and Taliban commanders.
- “Rebuilding Hope: The Children of 9/11” (Discover+)– A documentary by Oscar-winning directorEllen Goosenberg Kent,telling the story of four families whose children were born after their fathers died on September 11th, 2001.
Today, September 9th
- “No Responders Left Behind” (Discovery+) –Filmed over five years, the doc follows former “Daily Show” hostJon Stewart, FDNY’sRay Pfeifer,first responderJohn Feal,and members of the FealGood Foundation as they fight for healthcare benefits for 9/11 first responders.
- “The 26th Street Garage: The FBI's Untold Story of 9/11” (Paramount+) – Tom Sellecknarrates this doc about how the FBI evacuated headquarters on 9/11 and set up their NYC command center in parking lot to investigate the attacks.
Tomorrow, September 10th
- “9/11: The Legacy” (History Channel: 7pm ET) – Blair Underwoodnarrates this one-hour doc about the children impacted by 9/11, even 20 years later.
- “Rise and Fall: The World Trade Center’ (History Channel: 8pm ET) –This doc takes an architectural look at the World Trade Center Towers, from their development to their destruction.
- “The CIA: Race Against Time – The True Story of the CIA and 9/11” (CBS 8pm ET) –CIA officials and operatives who hunted downOsama Bin Ladenspeak out for the first time in this two-hour documentary.
Sat, September 11th
- “Spike Lee's NYC Epicenters 9/11➔2021½” (HBO) – Spike Lee’sfour-part documentary features interviews with 200 people, who share their first hand accounts and reflect on the two decades since 9/11.
- “9/11: Four Flights” (History Channel: 8pm ET) –Family and friends of people on the four hijacked flights on 9/11 share their stories.
- “9/11: I Was There” (History Channel: 10pm ET) –This two-hour documentary features footage and personal video diaries from people in New York who picked up their cameras to document 9/11 and the weeks following the tragedy.