1. Mission Reach Flotilla Festival is a free, family friendly event brought to you by the San Antonio River
Foundation. Come enjoy the Flotilla paddle and costume contest, watercraft decorating contest,
fabulous music, delicious local food, and arts and crafts. This event is designed to bring awareness to
the newly developed mission reach ecosystem restoration and recreation project of the San Antonio
2. The Chaparral Music Festival, an outdoor celebration of live Country and Americana music, joins us
this year from the San Antonio Parks Foundation. All money raised goes to support and accelerate
many San Antonio park projects from playground enhancements to lighting, landscaping, signage,
water conservation and more.
3. The Alzheimer’s Association Run to Remember, Fiesta Color Run takes place on the Mission Reach
Trail. Wear your brightest Fiesta colors and join us as we fight Alzheimer’s and then stick around for a
post run celebration including an awards ceremony and food and drink!
4. The San Antonio Sports Team Tough Fiesta Challenge also joins us this year. Team Tough is the
ultimate test of teamwork and toughness designed to pit high school student teams against each other
in a competitive, challenging and fun-filled obstacle course race! In addition to the obstacle course,
teams will also compete in a Team Tough tug-of-war, truly testing your team’s strength and endurance!
5. The Festival de Animales brought to us by the San Antonio Zoo celebrates the animals, culture, and
food of Latin America! This event highlights the Zoo’s conservation efforts in Latin America and shows
attendees a glimpse into the lives of the animals native to Latin America that call the San Antonio Zoo
home. A visit to Festival de Animales will help further the zoo’s vision to secure a future for wildlife
through loving, engaging with, acting for, and protecting animals and the places they live.
Fun, fitness and good causes