Turn your tree into free mulch!
Obviously the first thing you need to do is take off all the ornaments and lights, and take the tree out of the stand.
Then Saturday and Sunday, January 6th & 7th and January 13th & 14th, from 8am to 1pm, you can take your old tree to these drop off locations:
- Rusty Lyons Sports Center 6300 McCullough, 78212
- Bitters Brush* 1800 Wurzbach Parkway, 78216
- Southeast District Center 7402 S. New Braunfels, 78223
- Southside Drop-Off Center 5450 Castroville Road, 78227
- Northeast District Center 10303 Tool Yard, 78233
- Northwest District Center 6802 Culebra Road, 78238
- Nelson Gardens* 8963 Nelson Road, 78252
- Eisenhower Park 19399 NW Military Highway, 78257
- Stone Oak Park 20395 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
*If you're unable to make it to these locations or during these times, the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens locations are open every day from 8am-5pm and will accept trees the entire month of January.
You can also compost your tree on your own. Just place it in your organics cart for pick up. If it's too big, trim it so the lid can close.
Unfortunately live wreaths, garlands, and plants will not be accepted.
The cool thing is around the first of February we'll be able to get FREE mulch at the Bitters Brush and Nelson Gardens while supplies last!